Monday, June 3, 2024

Not helpless or hopeless

I’m struggling with the news that a precious loved one has metastatic cancer. Even before I knew that diagnosis, I was feeling strong negative emotions about cancer. Even though I am a person of faith & believe in prayer. Even though I know negative thoughts & feelings don’t help a situation. 

I’m amazed by & grateful for the positive outlook of the loved one. I’m grateful for others who help me see how it does no good to wish things were different. The best results come by keeping faith in God; accepting even painful, harsh realities; praying for & trusting God will meet every need & is working for good; acting in faith; & giving God glory, honor, thanks & praise. I pray for willingness & ability to do so, to God’s glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment