Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fill My Cup, Lord

It is blog deadline night, and I haven't a clue what to write. It's not from a lack of worthy topics -- lots of good as well as challenging with the ongoing cat saga, work, texas rangers baseball, oklahoma city thunder basketball, the weather, bad hair days or keeping on keeping on along the spiritual journey -- but I just don't want to write about any of them. 

I hoped I could come up with something short and sweet. But no inspiration has come, nor have any timely quotes or clearly pertinent Scriptures. 

So I guess I'll have to go looking for them.  

This is a quote in Cat-titudes to Live By: "For the rest of my life, I'm going to trust that God is always at work in all things, and give Him thanks long before my simplest prayers are answered." (Nancy Parker Brummett) I practiced that in two ways this week. First was continuing with even the simplest prayers, and second was thanking God even before they were answered. That second part is new for me. 

Also, the day after I sang "Fill My Cup, Lord" at church, which I chose because of a spiritual longing, this was the Scripture from A Praying Heart: "Let them give thanks to the Lord ... For He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." (Psalm 107:8-9) 

That's all I can come up with tonight. Hope springs eternal that the discipline of posting this will clear a channel for more insightful musings in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment