Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Holding on to promises

This is another catch-all post. I'm convinced that I will only ever write anything that pleases me if I keep up the discipline of writing something on a regular basis even if I have nothing to say. As it turns out, I sometimes don't know whether I have anything to say until I start writing. More often, I think I have something to say, but cannot figure out how to express it and can't justify spending too much time trying. That's the case tonight, and I feel the desire to go to bed prevailing over the desire to write about my weekend.

In the meantime, I continue to be grateful for the promises of Scripture, including:

-- "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed." (1 Peter)

That was related to the Aug. 15 meditation from Craig Denison's First 15: "He heals past wounds and forgives present scars."

It prompted me to write out this prayer: "Lord, I need Your forgiveness. And I have it. Thank You. I love You. I want to live for You, in joy, obedience, love and service. Humility. Lord, I need You to help me forgive myself for how I am about how I am. Or help me to live with it. I pray all things will glorify You. Amen."

-- "And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." (Nehemiah 8:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment