Saturday, June 27, 2015

Weary spirit

I didn't blog about Mother's Day or Father's Day this year. I usually do, and I'm not sure why I didn't. 

I had hoped to look back at Facebook and journals and compile an aggregate!! But it's almost a week after Father's Day, and I still haven't done it. 

The blog may be winding down. I want to be upbeat and optimistic and honest. But situations in life -- including friends losing loved ones; court rulings on social issues and impossible circumstances at work -- have been weighing down my mind. I keep praying and coming back to stand on my faith, but I end up mentally and spiritually exhausted.  And physically exhausted, too. 

Maybe I've just let myself get too tired. I hope that's all it is.

Nostalgic. 
Depressed. 
Grateful. 
Blessed. 

From Craig Denison's First 15 again:

Isaiah 26:3 says, "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you." Our God has peace in store for us in every situation if we will choose to keep our mind stayed on him and trust him. The world says that peace can only come when you've worked your fingers to the bone and have finally attained all you want. ... God's way is to draw you into himself and offer you peace in the midst of your circumstances. He doesn't want you to wait until everything gets worked out before you can have rest-- he's offering you rest right now.


 "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul." (Psalm 23:1-3). 


No comments:

Post a Comment