Monday, July 2, 2018

A fashionably freeing insight

Wearing a red, white and blue dress with stars and stripes the days ahead of the 4th of July brought some insights that could potentially be freeing for me.

BUY AND WEAR THE CUTE DRESS!


It doesn’t matter how it looks on me. A cute dress is a cute dress!!

I've passed up many an attractive blouse or dress because I thought it looked good on the hanger, but not so good on me. 
 
Something similar happened with a casual dress I bought in May that I thought would be perfect for Independence Day celebrations. When it was time to wear it, I didn't like how it looked on me. So I skipped my first opportunity to wear it. 

Saturday, I pulled it on as I was in a hurry to get to a meeting. And the minute I walked in the door, I was showered with compliments, with more coming after the meeting.

Two days later, I decided to wear it again, and the same response occurred. 

That's when I realized I've been worrying too much about how things make me look.

It's time to trust the look of the creation!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment