Monday, September 7, 2020

Too good to take time to post?

It's almost the end of Monday, and I just realized I never posted anything on the blog about celebrating my 38th wedding anniversary Friday.

The social media posts hardly do it justice (especially as pasted below, without the pictures). But I want it on record here anyway.

Happy 38th anniversary to my love! I think we’re getting this gig figured out! Loved getting to our little lake before the 7:04 sunrise. Even with about 40 minutes before the first catch and more than an hour before the next one (both Gene), there was no place I’d rather be. I finally caught one at 10:45. Gene said he was about ready to call it quits around noon, unless we wanted to try the smaller adjacent lake. Well, yes, we should try! Gene was on ‘em pretty quickly. I was happy for him but ... I finally caught one about 2:50 pm, then another at 3 and another a few minutes later. Only then would I admit I had been starting to get discouraged. (He said he could tell.) I’m so glad we didn’t give up early. We ended our day dining out while following social distancing. #happyanniversary #noplaceidratherbe #nooneidratherbewith #celebratingsocialdistancestyle #celebratingin2020 #bassfishing #socialdistancing2020 #andmanymore @ Oklahoma Texas Border I-35

There's so much more I want to add. Maybe I will come back and edit. Or maybe I'll just follow this with a Part 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment