Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Choosing gratitude, graciousness & joy

Each sunrise brings a new opportunity to choose to be grateful, gracious & joyful. Thanks to my friend Suzette for the reminder & motivation. #sunshinestateofmind #southcarolinasunrise #inallthingsgivethanks

That was a good thought, illustrated with an image of the sunrise as seen from our Hilton Greenville hotel room, on the first day of March. 

I had to come back to those choices several times today — after I locked myself out of the hotel room; realized when I turned back after walking more than a mile away from the hotel that I’d been going downhill; after I dealt unsuccessfully with a shortage of hot water for my shower; and after I stumbled downhill off a curb, breaking my fall with the base of my hands. 

I expect to continue to need to be reminded that I have choices as one of my busiest weeks of the year continues. 

Fortunately, even with the pitfalls, there was an abundance of exceptionally nice experiences & blessings. The sunrise. Breakfast & dinner with my love. Walking in fresh air & sunshine. Beautiful gifts. Good food. Evidence of God all around in the wonder of nature & the kindness of people, including the waitress who brought me a big bag of ice for me to hold my hands on while waiting for & during dinner. 

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. I don’t know whether I will make it to a place where I can have ashes placed on my forehead. I feel confident God will guide me to a meaningful start to Lent if I allow Him to. I pray to choose to be willing as well as grateful, gracious & joyful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment