Sunday, August 7, 2022

Worth noting

It occurred to me two days later, as I was thinking about how I might like to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, that this FB post from Friday, 8-5-22, could help. 

Date night included a $1 truck wash in Norman; stopping at Tractor Supply in Moore, then giving up on the wait lists at 2 restaurants before opting for salads & ice cream at Braum’s (still  in Moore); then on to OKC’s The Paseo First Friday for a little smooth jazz & to see the opening of Renee Lawrence’s latest featured gallery show at Contemporary Art Gallery. #datenight

Jim Shepherd’s comment: Any date night that includes a stop at Tractor Supply promises to be an epic evening!  A dollar scrub and a Braum’s dining experience is literally the cherry on the top. If you’d gone home after that, the evening would’ve been perfect!  (I included the two contractions to get a rise out of your editorial soul. 😎)

My reply/ Jim Shepherd I’m good with contractions, as long as they are used correctly. 
Meanwhile …
What makes TS even better is what Gene bought, but I won’t go into that. 
And did I mention we stopped at Walmart in Moore on the way home to save a few cents a gallon on gas & get a 2-liter A&W Zero Sugar Root Beer I haven’t been able to find in Norman??? 
And BEFORE ALL THAT (!!!!) we got our 2nd Covid boosters, so today I feel like … I’ll just say I’m grateful I should feel fine again soon!!

Today, I was reminded that I do best when I let go of expectations & enjoy the moments, however they unfold. Putting Gene first is a big part of this. And trusting God. (I can only put Gene first if I’m trusting God to take care of me; trusting that God knows better than me what I need.)

I think back to my wedding & honeymoon, wanting situations & experiences to satisfy some internal longing. I ended up with a sense of disappointment even when things were good. I was wanting external circumstances to fill inner, spiritual needs that can only be met by God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment