Sunday, December 3, 2023

How does a weary world rejoice?

How does a weary world rejoice? The answer seems to be: by trusting God to handle whatever it is that makes one weary. 


I’m doing a December/Advent calendar that has things to do for each day, with the theme How does a weary world rejoice? 
Today’s prompt: on a piece of paper, write down everything that makes you weary. Then rip the paper into small pieces as a way to release it all & offer it to God. 


I guess it’s my 12-step experience that makes me think I need to share it with another person before I release it to God. So, after I wrote my list, I sent a copy to a trusted friend before I tore it up. 

I knew this one was coming, & it hit the core of my wanting to hang on even to negative things! How will I know what I’m letting go of (or whether I’m making progress) if I don’t keep the list? This has really wracked my brain!! 

The good news is that making the list & tearing it up without keeping a copy didn’t  seem as daunting when I did it as when I first read about it a couple days ago or when I was thinking about it in bed this morning. That’s progress! I was able to realize if I think of something new or old that makes me weary, I can also write it down & tear it up, releasing it to God.

I deleted the sent texts containing the list after I tore up my paper. 

P.S. The first day was to write down everything that brings me joy & put it somewhere I’ll see it daily. That was a very good exercise as well. I’ve actually added to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment