Sunday, July 11, 2010

Words worth remembering and sharing

I wanted to post the words to a song ("Mizpah") and a prayer ("The Serenity Prayer") shared at the recent memorial service for a dear friend, Charles Robert "Chuck" Collins. My impression of Chuck was that he lived these words. That gives me hope that others, including myself, can also live these words .....

"Mizpah" by Byron Walls
May your love flow like a fountain. May your days be free of doubt. May your life become as effortless as breathing in and out. May you always complete what you begin. May you never have so much that you're a slave to what you own. May you always have the wisdom to leave well enough alone.
May your always wake up cheerful and give thanks for every day; know the love that you receive comes from the love you give away. May your faith be a cushion when you fall. May you know you always manifest whatever's in your mind. And if good is what you're looking for, then good is what you'll find.
When dark clouds close around you, may you feel God's light (love) surround you when you pray. When you need someone to guide you, may you know God walks beside you all the way.

The Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference: living one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time; accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will; that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him forever in the next. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment