Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sometimes God makes His message very clear

Sometimes, God makes it really clear where my focus should be.

This is how it unfolded Friday.

Reading this:

The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”  (Exodus 33:14)

in Jesus Calling made me think of one of my go-to Scriptures, which speaks directly to what I need today:

(paraphrased) Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee.

Then I read on Facebook:

"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you."  
 (Isaiah 26:3, NIV, Copyright © Holy Bible, New International Version, NIV)

And then in my Upper Room devotional:

"Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace — in peace because they trust in you." (Isaiah 26:3, NRSV)

And so, dear Lord, I pray to do so: to keep my focus on You. I desire Your peace. Please help me live to Your glory, today and always.

(Another interesting note: My A Praying Heart journal reminded me of the importance of prayerfully reading and meditating on God's word, clearly an important part of getting Him back to first place in my heart and life. So, I went to the full chapters of the excepts referenced above. The Exodus passage included Moses' cry for God to "Show me You glory." This was also part of Tuesday's A Praying Heart devotion, and it noted how God showed His glory in His goodness. This stuck with me, and now it seems to be reinforced. Things don't always fit together, but it seems to help me when they do. And my daily prayer continues to be: Thank you, God, for Your mercy, love and grace. Please help me know and do Your will, one moment at a time, in all things, to Your glory. I thank You for Your presence. I trust You, Lord.)

No comments:

Post a Comment