Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Rationalization? Or faith?

There are no words. Yes, these are words, but they are nothing.

What is it about mid-April? So much sadness. I am grateful to see goodness and blessings amidst this week's tragedies (Officer Chad Peery's death, Boston bombing, West fertilizer plant, among the big ones that come readily to mind) and remembrances of those in past years (Waco, Oklahoma City, baby Ryan in Arkansas).

But still: Why? Why? Why?

Even my prayers seem inadequate, especially since they have resulted in no action on my part.

I continue to pray and to trust God, including that He will guide my actions, in His time. The guidance I seem to be receiving from Him is to keep it simple. Keep praying. If all I can do right now is pray, then maybe that's all I'm supposed to do. I trust God that, when it is time for me to do more, whether in the next moment, hour, day, week, month, year, decade or hereafter, He will lead me.

But, honestly, right now, that seems more like rationalization than faith.

(Composed Friday, April 19, 2013, but not posted until Tuesday, April 23.)

No comments:

Post a Comment