Sunday, June 9, 2013

Focusing on the positive (Great is God's faithfulness)

June really is off to a good start. Free and easy is how I've described some of the days this week.

First came some unexpected news about what appears to be a positive change in the near future. On the surface it seems to be an answer to prayer. But there is much I don't know about details. So, the second amazing development is that I am not letting myself fret or worry about what I don't know. When my mind starts to wonder about the details or question whether this really is a positive prospect -- I am able to refocus on the good part that I do know. I take the bit of news I have received so far as a gift from God, and I will trust Him with wherever it leads.

Actually, the positive steps started with posting on my blog last Sunday, then doing things Monday and Tuesday I might would have preferred to put off. Everything seemed to take more effort than it should. After Tuesday's good news that also included many questions not to be answered yet, Wednesday was kinda unsettled.

But by Thursday, an amazing sense of free and easy had set in. I got more done before work than I would have ever imagined, including vacuuming the house and washing some clothes and going to Second Chance to pet the kitties. A fun surprise at the animal sanctuary was the presence of nine little kittens! So much fun. On Friday, the beautiful weather called me to walk. The work shift that followed was intense, but somehow I was able to leave a little earlier than usual, which made it easier to get up Saturday morning and not be as late for my 12-step meeting. Saturday included another walk.

Sunday included church and some very good fellowship in addition to worship. I finally followed through on an intentional gift -- and I also made a spontaneous one. Both seem small amid the magnitude of various needs, but they are important steps for me. Later, I cooked supper -- something I don't do often but my husband really appreciates when I do. And then he washed my car, something he doesn't do often, but what a delight for me, especially since a bird had left its mark on the rear window Thursday or Friday.

What is my takeaway? Building on what I wrote last week, but quoting the scripture instead of a song:

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)

No comments:

Post a Comment