Saturday, June 4, 2016

"Amazing how God works"

Sometimes it makes the most sense to just record here what transpired on Facebook. The title is a comment from a friend that was part of the discussion. This started with my post Wednesday morning: 

I need this. Help me, Lord! I'm stuck in a rut and unsure what to do. Clinging to God and His words. 

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. (Psalm 18:30)

“For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” (Isaiah 41:13)

Those were from Jesus Calling. This is from The Upper Room. I'm seeing a pattern. He's never failed me yet. 

2 Corinthians 1:8-11

1:8 We do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters, of the affliction we experienced in Asia; for we were so utterly, unbearably crushed that we despaired of life itself. 
1:9 Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death so that we would rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead. 
1:10 He who rescued us from so deadly a peril will continue to rescue us; on him we have set our hope that he will rescue us again, 
1:11 as you also join in helping us by your prayers, so that many will give thanks on our behalf for the blessing granted us through the prayers of many.

To which my friend offered a couple of comments:
 Praying for guidance, wisdom and discernment. God will show you His path.
And
God is rather demanding in drawing our reliance to him! :)

From First 15::
1. Take time to quiet yourself and receive God's presence. Meditate on this verse: 

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11 

2. Respond to his goodness by telling the Lord: 

"My heart says to you, Your face, Lord, do I seek." Psalm 27:8 

3. Make David's prayer yours today: 

"One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple." Psalm 27:4


Psalm 27 
The Lord is my light and my salvation;
    whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold[a] of my life;
    of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When evildoers assail me
    to eat up my flesh,
my adversaries and foes,
    it is they who stumble and fall.
3 Though an army encamp against me,
    my heart shall not fear;
though war arise against me,
    yet[b] I will be confident.
4 One thing have I asked of the Lord,
    that will I seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
    and to inquire[c] in his temple.
5 For he will hide me in his shelter
    in the day of trouble;
he will conceal me under the cover of his tent;
    he will lift me high upon a rock.
6 And now my head shall be lifted up
    above my enemies all around me,
and I will offer in his tent
    sacrifices with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make melody to the Lord.
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud;
    be gracious to me and answer me!
8 You have said, “Seek[d] my face.”
My heart says to you,
    “Your face, Lord, do I seek.”[e]
9     Hide not your face from me.
Turn not your servant away in anger,
    O you who have been my help.
Cast me not off; forsake me not,
    O God of my salvation!
10 For my father and my mother have forsaken me,
    but the Lord will take me in.
11 Teach me your way, O Lord,
    and lead me on a level path
    because of my enemies.
12 Give me not up to the will of my adversaries;
    for false witnesses have risen against me,
    and they breathe out violence.
13 I believe[f] that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living!
14 Wait for the Lord;
    be strong, and let your heart take courage;
    wait for the Lord!

My comment along the way: (Because nothing changes if nothing changes.)

My friend Barbara added this:

Thank you for these reminders of God's love and care. Psalms 62:8 --  Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him. God is a refuge for us.

Thank you, both, Kimbra and Barbara. 
Ruts are about the worst; at
least that's how it seems sometimes. It's miserable to stay stuck but it takes a lot of patience and effort and faith to know how to move forward and then to do it. But of course, God through His Word has the answers.

Susan was also grateful, and Julie shared this:

Psalms 46:10 
It helped me through much. 💗

Ah, yes: 
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Someone also shared some things privately that I need to hold on to. 

So -- here is what I am to tell you, though I do not know why. Perhaps you will know. The topic was Abram's sojourn into Canaan. The point was that as God was preparing to fulfill blessings, all kinds of barriers are erected, including Sarai's barrenness, the land being already occupied, Abraham's too small armed force etc... So the question is asked over and over, What good is the promise of God? And the answer to those of us sitting in safe situations is -- "well it's God. Of course, therefore the promise is good! It's God." Easy to do when you are "safe" and "comfortable." Abram was neither. It's easy to accept the promise of God, except when God demands risk based on that promise. At times it seems impossible the promises will be fulfilled. Yet our faith is grown as we learn to trust God and seek his will through the seemingly impossible, at the worse times. Things really begin to go off track when we stray from this central point (As it did with Abraham) but get righted once we turn back to trust in God. It is God's way of growing our faith, which is naturally imperfect in its human form. The patterns in scripture are set up to show us who Good is and that needs will be met. How do we do the seemingly impossible? Through a belief that God will sustain His promises to us. Ok -- there you go. As I said, I don't know what is going on or why this, but I have passed this on to you. Will pray that all will be resolved and you will have Peace. 

My reply: Pretty clear to me. I need to pray aloud and with the person involved about the situation I am facing. Pray in faith and live my faith. Even if it seems futile in the short-term or things seem to be getting harder and less clear rather than easier and clearer. Thank you for sharing -- and for continued prayers.   

You're welcome. No choice really, though. I do as told, even if people think I am crazy wink emoticon. 

Now the question remains: will I? 

Another opportunity to be brave arose at work Friday, and so far I am holding back. 

Maybe I'll share it here, where I am braver than I am on Facebook. My friend Robb shared this on Facebook and it resonated with me. But so far I'm too much of a chicken to share it on Facebook. 

If you are incapable of living in a world that needs the lessons transgendered folks live for, then I'd ask that you appraise your values. My guiding criterion is such. Don't resent what you don't understand. It's an opportunity for fellowship in a brief world.

So, as I revise the closing on this, I see it could just as accurately be titled "God is at work (Resistance is futile), Part 4." But that will be for another day, more likely sooner than later. 









No comments:

Post a Comment