Saturday, April 22, 2017

Then sings my soul

Just for today, I accept that my willingness and some level of ability to sing, unaccompanied, in various settings is a gift from God. I accept the gift by sharing the gift.

Maybe it's more of a calling than a gift. I just know that I love to sing praises to God. I love to encourage people. And I love when God offers opportunities for me to encourage people by singing praises to God.

My realization of God's role in this was heightened as I thought of situations in which I have been able to sing rather than cry.

Singing almost always makes me smile. Sometimes I sing and smile through tears, and God creates the beauty of prisms for me to view through. Another gift.

As I act on opportunities to share my singing gift to God's glory, He also helps me see other ways I can share His love. That's the key: Seeking His guidance on how to share His love. It starts with taking time to feel His love and offer my love to Him in return. That brings joy, which overflows in a smile.

But I seem unable to hold on to the joy unless I share it.

Sharing the joy of God's love can be as simple as smiling and offering a kind or encouraging word to a person I encounter as I go about my day.

Sometimes it requires more sacrifice. It can require going out of my way; giving up some of my time or money; relinquishing control of a situation -- all while maintaining an attitude of love, joy and gratitude.

Gratitude is another key. One way I express gratitude to God is by sharing an attitude of gratitude with others.

Among the songs that were able to overflow from my heart in recent times:

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow.
Praise God, all creatures here below.
Alleluia! Alleluia!
Praise God, the source of all our gifts!
Praise Jesus Christ, Whose power uplifts!
Praise the Spirit, Holy Spirit!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Great is Thy faithfulness, Oh God my Father.
There is no shadow of turning with Thee.
Thou changest not; Thy compassions, they fail not.
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

Great is Thy faithfulness. Great is Thy faithfulness.
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided.
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of  God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is  my story; this is my song.
Praising my Savior all the day long!
This is my story; this is my song.
Praising my Savior all the day long!

Oh Lord, my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made,
I see the stars, I hear the roaring thunder:
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, my Savior, God, to Thee:
How great Thou Art! How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior, God, to Thee:
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!    


No comments:

Post a Comment