Saturday, April 29, 2017

One. Day. At. A. Time.

I keep thinking I've FINALLY discovered what I need to know and will actually do to be more organized and prepared and productive and efficient. 

And each new program or routine quickly loses its luster, and I'm back to my old ways and wondering what happened. 

And I end up back at just for today. One day at a time. Progress not perfection.
 
Here I am again.

I'm not sure everyone has to keep it this simple. But experience and practice indicate that I do. 

Experience also suggests I won't give up on trying to find some perfect plan. 
 
Will I ever get it figured out? 
 
It seems I'll only know one day at a time.
 
In the meantime, these are some of the concepts and ideas that guide me and give me hope:
 
One day at a time. 
Progress not perfection. 
Focus on what I have, not what I don't have.
Cultivate an attitude of gratitude.
Pray, trust and obey.
Encourage and support.
In all things, give thanks.
Love.

 
"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,  for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."  (Lamentations 3:22-23, New International Version)  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment