Thursday, March 29, 2018

A different kind of Lent (Part 3): Yes, it’s messy

The Lenten theme this year at the church I attend is Messy Grace, and even though I haven’t participated in many of the activities and missed two Sundays that focused on the theme, I can say my Lent has had its share of messy grace. 

The Maundy Thursday service was described as a messy meal and celebration of the Lord’s Supper. I was confused about when the meal would be, so I figured I would eat at home, skip the church meal and just go to the service at 7. But when I got there, the front of the sanctuary was filled with tables where people were eating. So I ate again. And then we had communion. And then we stripped the church of all its adornments. 

This came at the end of a messy two days for me, so I’m not sure how well I engaged in what was going on. But I won’t be surprised if I become aware of lessons in the next day or two. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment