Saturday, October 27, 2018

A process of progress

I want to write something about the beautiful shells I found along the South Carolina coast and trying to become willing to share them with others. Why is it so hard for me to let go?

It's the same with so much stuff in my house. If I like it, I want to share it, but I also want to keep it.

I think this still relates to my faulty memory. This time, I've taken pictures of the shells, and now I've already given three as gifts. Maybe I can make that a habit.

I'm also determined to make a habit of letting go -- mostly through donations -- of things I've held onto in my house for too long.

Tonight, I went through three storage boxes and found several things I was surprised I hadn't already gotten rid of. Unfortunately, I also found some things I forgot I had and that I still don't want to part with. Yikes!

I'm calling it progress. It's part of a process. I just need to keep on keeping at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment