Saturday, October 27, 2018

Seasonal


I've felt like the time changed back to Standard Time ever since we returned from South Carolina. Even though the temperature has warmed up with sunny days after that first week of dreariness and rain, it still seems more like November than pre-Halloween. Truth is, I'll have the real time change to adjust to next weekend. Oh what fun!

Fortunately, the return of sunshine and warmer temperatures that brightened my outlook helped me be aware of beautiful bursts of color among trees in the Norman neighborhoods. Many of the trees are still green, but the splashes of deep reds and golden yellows and brilliant orange hues herald a positive part of the changing seasons. I've stopped a couple of times while driving to try to take iPhone photos of the brilliance, but they never do nature's beauty justice.

Today, while walking around the neighborhood lake, I did take several pictures but have not gone back to look at them yet. Maybe I'll do that to brighten the next gray day. Either I'll be amused by how poorly I captured the beauty, or I will get to relive the experience again through the photos. Either way, I can smile and be grateful to remember the beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment