Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Did it happen if I didn't write about it?

Did it happen if I didn't write about it?

Or perhaps the more relevant question: Does it matter if I did it if I don't remember it?

For many years, I've been aware of how poor my memory is. Even when I try, I forget things it seems others remember without a second thought.

I think it's part of why I have tried to keep a journal and-or post things on a blog or Facebook.

I'm also aware it doesn't do a lot of good to write things down -- and even to post them on a blog or Facebook -- without a good system of sorting, labeling, filing or some other process that will make the information retrievable. And that's another place where I fall short.

And so, I find myself pondering some of the same questions that troubled me two years ago in Houston, Texas, and a year ago in Greenville, South Carolina.

What really matters?

Does it matter if I don't remember?

Does it matter if I don't know?

I don't know.

I trust that God knows. For today, that's enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment