Friday, March 1, 2019

Marching onward

I forgot to go to the Upper Room prayer wall today but was grateful to attend the World Day of Prayer luncheon of the Gainesville (or maybe Cooke County) Women of Faith with my Mom at First Presbyterian Church. It was good to catch up with some folks I had not seen in many years. I was reminded the ACTS of prayer are adoration, confession, thanksgiving and supplication. Its value cannot be overestimated.

This was also an important message for me this first day of March, 2019:

  1. Lastly, God is good at being God. Don’t try to fix what He hasn’t assigned you to fix. Don’t try to manipulate or control or spend all your emotions trying to figure it out. Let Him be God. Free yourself from this impossible assignment.
    From Lysa TerKeurst, Proverbs 31 Ministries, 3-1-19

No comments:

Post a Comment