Sunday, June 30, 2019

Full circle?

June ends like it began as far as blog posts go: with a placeholder!

It's been a great month. Too busy to write.

That's not really the reason I haven't kept up with writing. The reason is because I don't manage my time well.

So I will just make quick notes about why this was another fantastic weekend in Texas with my family.

-- Watching my great-niece Heidi (with a cameo by her brother Ryan) in a music and arts camp production on Friday, then going enjoying live music on the Cooke County Courthouse square.

-- Christmas in June with the family on Saturday, with the addition of a summer Santa gift exchange before the community's pre-July 4 fireworks.  Seeing a 7-month-old great-nephew who is seldom around, and also learning about the birth of the newest additions to the family, my nephew's twin boy and girl.

-- Worship, singing in the choir and a fellowship luncheon at the church I attended as a child and which my mom and other family members still attend.

-- A trip down memory lane as my mom, a sister and I visited cousins who are in charge of the things that belonged to a beloved aunt (my late dad's late sister).

--

No comments:

Post a Comment