Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Maybe the body knows

I just reread the "Rest" post and amazed to think that was the day before we got our vaccinations for flu, shingles and tetanus. Little did I know!!!!

Maybe God was resting me up for how my body dealt with the shots.

After getting the shots, I had a couple of nights of not being able to sleep because of body aches, congestion and varying body temp. Fortunately, these were temporary.

Another interesting thing is that my post about my first-ever flu and shingles vaccinations brought an amazing number of comments (26) on Facebook.

"I got my first-ever flu and shingles vaccines yesterday, along with tetanus. Is this really better than getting the flu or shingles??? Of course I know it is, because the duration of discomfort will be much shorter. And I’m less likely to make others sick. The way I felt last night was no fun at all. The aches seem to be subsiding now."


People can really relate, and many shared their experiences and strength, as well as their best hopes for me.  I'm grateful I could report I made it through and feel much better now. And it's good to know I'm not a flu threat to others now.


No comments:

Post a Comment