Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Rest

Spending half the day in bed was not on my to-do list.

I don't know whether I was just tired or if this was what my body needed to help fight a cold.

It took more faith to rest than it would have to get up and stay busy.

I'm grateful for Bible reading plans, devotionals and sermon series that assure me it is OK to rest.

I think the key today is that rest was preceded by intentional prayer and sharing with another.

It seemed clear each time I was going to do something other than go back to sleep that nothing else was more important at that moment.

And later in the afternoon, it seemed clear it was time to get up and get busy.

Most of the things I on my to-do list are still there, undone. My tendency is to let that become a source of great anxiety. Right now, rather than anxiety, I feel curiosity about how this is going to go. I choose eager anticipation to see how God will work.

I'm still finding my way with the Shepherd. I'm grateful to feel safe in His care tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment