Saturday, November 30, 2019

It's just hair!


The final thing I posted in my #30daysofthanks didn't really fit, but I really wanted to get it shared, so I included it anyway.

It involves changing my hairstyle.

Maybe (but probably not) I'm finally reaching the point, after  60 years, where I'm able to say "it's just hair"!

I know that for all the compliments I received in the year I completed with my bangs grown out, something never felt quite right with all that forehead exposed!

I'm grateful the right reason (involving my sweet husband) came  along to help me make what seemed like a big decision to go back to the familiar style (even though trying again to style bangs reminds me why I tried something different in the first place).

Above all, it's just hair.

Yes, I want to look good. I also don't want to worry about or focus too much on my appearance.

Ha!

The Bible assures me I should not be worrying about such things. Keep smiling, caring, helping -- being a blessing not a burden -- those are the sources of true beauty and attractiveness.

Somehow, I think this is a step toward that for me.

#30daysofthanks
#itsjusthair
#progressnotperfection
#matthew6:33




No comments:

Post a Comment