Thursday, November 28, 2019

Sometimes it's easy to be grateful on Thanksgiving

Today was one of those days when it seemed easy to be grateful.

I write that at the end of the day. Thinking back, I remember how tired I was when the alarm went off. I didn't get up right away and ended up being late to my first destination.

I'm grateful that even as I was feeling tired and almost depressed in the days before and even the early hours of this Thanksgiving Day, I kept leaning into lessons I've been learning through Scripture reading, prayer and Bible study about the importance of giving thanks in all things.

The Lord's Prayer and the 23rd Psalm helped me focus on God's promises as well as some of what He desires from me. 

No day -- Thanksgiving or any other -- will be perfect. I'm grateful circumstances don't have to be ideal for gratitude and blessings to be shared. Smiles and kindness seem to nurture goodness.

I hope and pray this Thanksgiving Day was a time for all to recognize and count their blessings. I'm grateful that it was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment