Tuesday, March 24, 2020

After too many days of wallowing around in confused angst as the normal routines of my simple and easy life have been disrupted by the coronavirus pandemic, I may have turned the corner!

It's becoming clearer each day that my first thought and act must be prayer, with Bible reading and reflection following quickly, and all three of these continuing as needed during the day.

I need to talk to God, be still to hear His Voice and feel His Presence. I need to read and study the Bible, to plant His truths into my heart, soul, mind and spirit.

And then I must step out in faith.

I received some guidance Monday that I thought would help me get past some confusion. But overnight, I was as tormented as ever by what should have been a simple decision: whether to go fishing with my husband.

After much anguish I decided not to go. My husband, bless his soul, was patient and accepting. He went. I stayed. And I got some things done.

And I let myself be me on social media. I'd been holding back. The guidance I got Monday helped me see value in sharing that part of me.

So I did. And just for today, it was freeing.

I am grateful. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment