Sunday, June 20, 2021

Strange times

I didn’t acknowledge my husband’s June 11 birthday on Facebook, and now it looks like I’ll let Father’s Day and the official start of summer pass without a post. 

I’m continuing to be in some kind of transition. It feels strange not to mark these occasions on social media. And yet it seems repetitive or redundant to post every year. 

The reason I like to post is because people seem to enjoy it and it helps me remember. 

One reason I’m OK with not posting is that it takes time for me to come up with what to post. I guess I have other priorities. 

My husband knows I celebrated him on his (65th) birthday. I’m grateful as he’s not getting older, he’s getting better. 

And I have thought of my dad and Gene’s dad on this Father’s Day and first day of summer. 

And I’m grateful to my Heavenly Father for His unending love and care. 

Maybe that’s what I miss most about posting — the expressions of gratitude I always include. 

God, I pray that my gratitude and encouragement can be felt even when I don’t share on social media. 

No comments:

Post a Comment