Friday, July 30, 2021

Unplanned but not unwelcomed

 I’ve been doing a daily exercise that includes - “quick journal” each morning and night.

One of the evening questions asks: what could I have done to make this day better? 

I’ve been reframing that. It’s important for me to accept each day as good. In all things give thanks and praise. 

I also want to be honest. 

This is how I handled it today:

“Today was good. I accept that it was what it was meant to be. 

“Several things didn’t go as planned and some things that I thought were settled ended up bringing new questions and choices. The change in lunch plans (which meant I could go to meeting; then we talked on phone too long & I missed it anyway); me reaching out to Kevin about singing at Whaley, then Mike suggesting a Rangers game the night before. 

“Things I would like to consider for tomorrow: continue to pray and ask God for direction. Ask for willingness and ability to obey. Trust God. Thank God.”

For right now, that’s a good approach for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment