Monday, January 2, 2023

Trusting God in the complexity of life

Life. Ups. Downs. Making sense of it is often hard for me. 

I posted this on social media: 

Even for someone without a job, it was nice to have two days to celebrate the start of the new year. Yesterday we went to church & fished; today we walked, watched football & did things around the house — and ate more black-eyed peas for good measure. 

I deleted this part: 

Tragically, a holiday weekend with great college football games ends with the suspension of the Buffalo/Cincinnati NFL game after Bills player Demar Hamlin collapsed after a hit & is hospitalized in critical condition, fighting for his life. 

It just didn’t seem right to tag that on a photo with Gene & I happy & smiling. 

Then I added this:  I do realize this black-eyed peas won’t do me much good if I don’t get busy working toward goals. Starting tomorrow! 😂 #newyear #goals

Lots of things seem complicated right now. Several of the messages I’ve sent have not received responses. I’m not prepared to pack for Florida. I’m not staying true to disciplines that keep me healthy. I’m not standing up for my needs & honoring my priorities. 

Pause. Pray. As anxiety grows, God reminds me: What He asks, He can always deliver. When He says, “Do not be anxious,” I can be confident that He’s got a way for joy & thanksgiving to replace my fear & worry. It is up to me to ask & receive His grace for the moment. And so I ask, in faith & w/thanks, to know & do Your will, to trust & obey & to give You all glory, honor, thanks & praise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment