Sunday, April 30, 2023

No regrets

I thought I would be blogging about being ok with not getting to visit my old stomping ground in last week’s trip to Temple, Texas. 

Instead, I did find a small window of time to make a loop from the hotel to the Temple Daily Telegram, past the VA center, Temple College & mall & around to Magnolia Square Apartments, which I thought were long gone but were still there, looking much as they did 41 years ago from the outside. 

I didn’t see bluebonnets in town nor did I connect with any old friends. 

I did try to take pictures of a few bluebonnets spotted along the interstate as we cruised by. 

Speaking of flowers, it was hard to leave my irises at home while we gone. When we returned, it was cool to see that every bud (or shoot or whatever they are) appeared to have bloomed. I regret not cutting more to bring back when we stopped at the farm on our way home. 

Actually, I don’t regret not cutting more. It was a decision I stand by, as I’m comfortable with my decision not to go back outside after our pre-sunset walk to see if the sky showed a brilliant display of color. It’s OK to miss beautiful things. I don’t have to experience every beautiful thing I’m aware of. I want to appreciate the goodness & beauty & opportunities that come my way. I want to be selective about going out of my way in pursuit of these things. This thought brings me peace tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment