Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The pressure is on

The pressure is on.

If the Texas Aggie women want to be the best, they have to beat the best. The road to the Final Four goes through the Baylor Bears tonight, at the NCAA Southwest Region championship in Dallas.

Last weekend I heard commentators say all the pressure is on 1-seed Baylor since they've won the two teams' first three meetings this year. How terrible would it be for them to lose now, when it matters the most. And because of those three previous meetings, the 2-seed Aggies know all about the Bears, according to the commentators.

But I think there's just as much or more pressure on the Aggies. Baylor's players know they can beat the Aggies. The Aggies won't know for sure they can beat Baylor until they actually do it. So I guess there's a lot of pressure on both sides.

For me, the pressure is whether to record the game. It seems teams I follow are less likely to win when I record the game. But I know I won't be able to watch it at work, and if it's as good as the first three games (except for the final score on those), I would like to be able to see it. And especially if/when the Aggies win. I would love to watch that team and coach cut down the nets!

Good friends assure me that my decision to record or not will have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game. In fact, the main effect it would have is the positive one of me not being as distracted at work tonight. So, I'm going to record.

The pressure is on. Gig'em Aggies! You can do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment