Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cramps and cat pee: Show me Your glory, Lord

Cramps and cat pee: show me Your glory, Lord. 
(And I know He will.)

I typed that much and put it in notes Friday. I thought blog deadline was Monday. But it is today!!!!
Cat pee and cramps were two things that seemed to occur without warning and no apparent reason Friday morning.
A Thursday that included a "good health" checkup in the morning, a satisfactory haircut, a 20-minute walk and a surprisingly smooth 3 to midnight work shift quickly gave way to bewilderment with some pretty painful cramps as I was preparing for the drive home. I'd just told the doctor this didn't seem to be a problem anymore. What is up with that.

After finally getting relief from the pain, I had a good night of sleep (can you call it night when it starts after 12 a.m.?). After I awoke feeling much better, I settled in for morning prayer. I was aware of how sweet my kitty seemed, and also that she seemed to be over her health problems. And probably less than 30 minutes later, while I was trying to decide which socks to wear, I looked down and saw that cat peeing on the carpet!!!! Why? Why? Why? And what a hassle and mess.

When I was dealing with the cramps just hours earlier, I read from the Jesus Calling devotional for the day that had just begun. It reminded me "I can do all things through Him Who strengthens me" (Philippians 3:4).

I don't have to understand. I just have to trust and obey. But I sure have found myself at a loss these last few days as to what to do about some things. Add to it now that what started with biting the inside of my mouth about three times during the week seems to have possibly spread to a toothache and sinus pain. Is that even possible? I just know that if it still hurts when I get up, I will need to call the dentist, which is about the last thing I want to do.

Through it all, the Scriptures related to my daily readings remind me not only to trust and obey, but also rejoice and praise -- and not to worry. Sometimes the best I can do is try. By God's grace, maybe that's enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment