Friday, March 30, 2012

Keeping the Faith

This is another time when the blog just needs to be a somewhat chronological accounting of some of the week's highlights and challenges. I'm hampered again by desktop computer woes that force me to use iPhone. That becomes one more challenge. Sigh. 

-- 10:30 am Monday: I would be 100 percent stressed out if not for growing faith. Instead, I'm just aware of the anxiety beneath the surface. And I just keep turning it over to God. 

I tried to explain to my husband  last night how bad it seems work should be, and it still just isn't. How can that be? Thank You, God. 

--  9:53 am Wednesday: Overate leftovers last night. I know it was because of work stress and weird schedule, but it still only adds to my stress and has no apparent positive effect -- except to remind me, perhaps, that even with thankfulness, faith and trust, I still am a compulsive/obsessive addict, whose drug of choice is food. At least it was protein, veggies and cornmeal, and not candy or dessert.

So, it's harder to focus today, but by the grace of God, I can and am. 

-- During the day Wednesday:  housekey broke off in deadbolt lock; computer won't print for my insurance reimbursement; got home after having prescription filled and was notified by homeland I had dropped my wallet at the pharmacy. Sigh. Just stressed and exhausted. Help me pray, Lord. 

-- Later: I'm really in a slump. Day (day off) had good moments, but I didn't make a dent in things I need to do and stress is taking hold.  Obstacles to everything. Really struggling not to shut down. And that's twice in two days I nearly spelled shut with an I. Smile.

Good included: Oa meeting; stopping at my husband's  office to get fishing license and visit his secretary, who is retiring after 17 years with the department;  picking up her clock at Midwest trophy; getting  stuff I needed at walmart; top down driving; supper at CiCi's with husband;  choir practice; rx refill and double coupons at homeland ... So much is good. Lord, please help me stay focused on You in faith, to Your glory. 

-- Thursday morning: Below are the "Jesus Calling" Scriptures for today. Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief. Help me through this bout of feeling overwhelmed, stressed and unsure which day it is in a convoluted week -- and this is after a day off! I know I'm struggling when so much good is happening, and I can hardly see it for the stress.  

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
—Ecclesiastes 3:1

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
—John 16:33

--  About 5 pm Thursday: Great is God's faithfulness. This day -- as with all days -- is fine if I just keep my focus on Him, do what I can and not worry. Grateful to be back on track. (Turnaround actually came about 11 am, a couple hours after original post. Now I'm at work and still peacefully focused.)

-- Now it's Friday evening, of  another day off. Some of this morning's devotional and Scripture:
"I am taking care of you. Trust Me at all times. Trust Me in all circumstances. Trust Me with all your heart. When you are weary and everything seems to be going wrong, you can still utter these four words: 'I  trust You, Jesus.' By doing so, you release matters into My control, and you fall back into the security of My everlasting arms."

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."
—Proverbs 3:5

So many things are churning in my brain. One minute I feel peace, and the next I'm trying figure it all out again. God strongly advises me against trying to figure it out. So, again: "I trust You, Lord." Please help me rise above any doubt, confusion or unbelief, to Your glory. I thank You and praise You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment