Friday, March 23, 2012

Lessons From the Fast Lane

I got a traffic ticket on the way to work yesterday afternoon, and even though it's pretty expensive, it didn't bother me too much. As much as I drive, I'm surprised I haven't gotten more. Of course, I also will make an extra effort to avoid getting  any more. 

But work -- That is bothering me. 

Traffic: Pay the ticket and slow down. A timely reminder to slow down. I apparently was going at least 6 mph faster than I would have guessed. I was on my phone, but I take pride in saying that doesn't stop me from paying attention. I may need to rethink that.  

Work: I have no answers. 
The new situation sorta started Wednesday when I agreed to help out by working four extra hours instead of my usual short shift that allows me to go to choir practice. Even then, the problem was trying to figure out how to absorb the hours, since overtime isn't allowed and people are still gone. And then Thursday, even more people were gone, plus someone gave notice they will be leaving. And now it's Friday and we are still short staffed. 

For now, I'm grateful for quiet time with God and this purring gift of cat. 

I started to do a status update on  Facebook this morning  about yesterday, but it quickly evolved into more of a blog post. I was aware that yesterday's inspiration from Scripture and Jesus Calling helped keep me going and trusting. And now -- another day the Lord has made, with blue skies and sunshine to boot! I will rejoice and be glad. 

 Seems someone is going to have to come up with answers at work,  or there will be big problems. I'm doing what I can, but I can only do so much. 

On the top of my list, today and always: Trust and obey and give thanks. Thank You, God. I trust You, Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment