Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

I desperately wanted to post something for Thanksgiving, but I could not find the words, and now it's after midnight, so unless my blog's time stamp is still messed up, it's Friday already. 
Thanksgiving. 
Blessings. 
They need to be shared. 
I was grateful for a day with just my husband and myself at home. I've been going through a busy stretch at work and on weekends, so a day of rest was appreciated. 
But at the end of the day, something is missing. My heart needs me to reach out and touch  my extended family and beyond. Why is it so hard, especially to serve those beyond my family? And why am I so hard on myself?
I thank God for this day of rest and realization. 
And, obviously, I still have not found the words to express what is on my heart. It was worth trying. It's worth posting to show myself that I tried. And now it's time to let it go and head to bed. 
My heart overflows with thankfulness and love for God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment