Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Change is in the air

Change is in the winter air, on a personal front and at work. I've been determined to face it courageously and graciously, trusting God and being patient. 

It's not easy for me, though, and today I was ready to give up on the personal part of the adventure into the new. 

One of my daily devotionals called me to look at how I measure success. Is it in human terms or God's terms? That drew me back to my reason for being willing to explore a change in my personal life. It's an area where I sense God wants me to subordinate my own preferences and to trust that He has a perfect plan. I still believe that.

 My only reason for wanting to give up was personal discomfort and weariness. Yes, change makes me tired. Being out of a routine is exhausting for me, as everything seems to involve more thinking and planning -- which for me usually also means procrastination and avoidance activity. 

I'm grateful that, for today, I have decided to continue to trust God. I finally quieted myself and really prayed, and some peace came. This moment, I feel that peace. And now I will rest.  

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. 
-- Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment