Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Spilled water and brain drops

Apparently something I wrote in jest today was taken seriously by some readers. 

What happened was that, during a good day at work, as I was getting up from my desk for a water and bathroom break, I grabbed my water bottle and dumped much of its contents into my purse and onto my computer keyboard. 

The first thought that came to me, I heard myself say aloud: Why even have a brain if you're not going to use it. 

I thought it was funny, so after drying up the mess as well as I could, I posted my quip on Facebook. 

It didn't get a lot of response, but it became apparent to me some people thought I was beating myself up over an innocent accident. 

I really was not being critical.  I was laughing at myself. But like I said, it apparently did not come across that way. 

Maybe the reason people thought I was serious is because people really do say and hear things like that about others and themselves. In fact, they may have heard me be that hard on myself. 

But not today. It was meant lightly. I was smiling then and I'm smiling now. 

It was a good day, and a little bit of spilled water didn't change that. 

In fact, it gave me a chance to use my brain to try to understand what happened in the communication. 

But I'm still going to try to use  my brain better and pay closer attention to what I'm doing in the future. 

It would be a terrible thing to waste!!

No comments:

Post a Comment