Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Selective discipline

The only reason I am posting anything tonight is because it is my self-imposed deadline. I have a lot on my mind, but I don't have time to sort it out. 

Why oh why didn't I write what I had planned on Friday or Saturday -- a review of highlights of the first week at the new office site. It was fresh on my mind then, and it would have meant I didn't have a deadline tonight. I still hope to write about it soon. 

Meanwhile, much has happened since then and a lot of it is confusing to me. I hope to write about some of those things, too. But not tonight. 

I am grateful for Lenten disciplines that pull me back to a spiritual, grateful focus when life's twists and turns -- even the ones that seem very favorable  -- threaten to distract, confuse or wear me down. Maybe it's that same sense of discipline that compels me to post a fairly meaningless compilation just because it's deadline. I just wish that compulsion would start to spill over to things like housekeeping and some financial details  that need to be dealt with. 




No comments:

Post a Comment