Sunday, February 5, 2017

Still haven't found the write way

I envy people who can write in a way that turns everyday experiences into fun-to-read accounts. Occasionally I have done that, and it gives me a sense of satisfaction. But more often I just write to document something I want to remember. As for why I post it on a blog and sometimes share the link on Facebook, that's less clear to me. It surprises me when people seem to relate to and-or appreciate my fairly simple observations.

On Tuesday, Jan. 31, my Facebook "memories" offered reminders and I hoped inspiration to get me back into a writing routine.

I shared this with one of the "memories," from 2015: This is another timely memory/reminder. I realized yesterday that I need to be setting aside time each day to write. For many years, I have pushed writing to the side, and I often end up frustrated when I can't compose my thoughts on demand in the scrap of time I allow. I'm grateful for this period in which I have time to reconnect with my muse.

My comment went with this 2015 post shared from The Writer's Circle: "If you're going to be a writer, the first essential is to just write.  Do not wait for an idea. Start writing something and the ideas will come. You have to turn the faucet on before the water starts to flow."  Louis L'Amour

Here was my comment spurred by a blog post from Jan. 31, 2014, about my struggles as a writer: Ok, this is the last (but will it show up as the first?) of the memories Facebook has resurrected this morning. I've shared a lot on the last day on January in the seven years I've been on Facebook. A lot of it has involved my trials and triumphs as a wannabe passionate and creative person. Today, I will use it as inspiration.

But I didn't even blog that day, and here I am again, scrambling to come up with something -- anything!

I want to schedule a minimum of one hour a day to write. But it seems like I need to get other things done first, so I don't get to it. And I pay a price of frustration. But I will keep trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment