Tuesday, September 4, 2018

36 years and counting: Grateful. Loved. Blessed.

My niece, Brandi, resumed her Facebook "Question of the Day" this morning with this: "Fill in the blank: When I think of September, I think of ______."

Even before I saw what she was asking, I had thought I might play along this round. In the past, I have enjoyed reading other people's responses but very rarely added my own.


Of course, when I got ready to respond, I remembered why I typically decided against doing so. I have trouble limiting my response to one thing.

These are the ones that came to readily to mind: Anniversaries, fall, football, sadness that summer's almost over, dread that cold weather is getting closer.

This is what I wrote:  "As I turn the page to September, I’m grateful to take time to remember, Rich blessings of family, faith and spirit: Sweet music of life — To hear it! To share it!!" Because that truly is one of the first things that comes to my mind when I think of September, as well as November and December.

Today, my theme verse is very much tied to my husband's and my 36th wedding anniversary. 

While we didn't exchange specific gifts, I feel we celebrated each other's moving forward with projects that are important to us, individually and as a couple. 

Gene got two major pieces of material needed for rigging up a jon boat he bought earlier this year to replace the one with a leak that caused the second angler (sometimes me) to have to bail water after more than a couple of hours on the lake.

I was able to move forward on a little charitable venture that really doesn't change much how I support worthy causes yet somehow inspires me to feel even more grateful. And it fully embodies the rich blessings of family, faith and spirit, making my heart sing with sweet music!

As with many friends and family members I'm aware of, Gene and I seem to be at a place in our relationship where we've learned to appreciate simple pleasures and to celebrate the things that make each other feel grateful, happy and blessed. 

It's a priceless treasure.














No comments:

Post a Comment