Saturday, September 1, 2018

A September song of hope


I started and ended August pulling weeds out of the lawn, and now I've started September the same way! The big ones are almost gone, although I'm sure I'll see more between the next rain and the next round of mowing.

I'm determined to move from just pulling the weeds outside to weeding out the clutter that spoils my interior living space. I've followed through with some action today. It will take consistent, focused effort to get this project done. Supposedly, it's been my priority the two years since I quit working for pay, outside the home. It's amazing how many things come up each day to distract me from the task.

Picking up on a theme I tried to return to at the end of July, I hope and pray that as I weed out the clutter, there will be more room for the sweet music of life inside and outside of my home.

Of course, that brought back to mind my September, November and December refrain (plug in the month that fits), first written probably in the mid-1990s but always a fresh reminder of things I hold dear:

As I turn the page to September
I'm grateful to take time to remember 
Rich blessings of family, friendship and spirit
Sweet music of life: To hear it! To share it!

It continues to resonate.

Shortly after I started this blog in November 2009, I wrote about the "spirit" referenced in the blog name as well as the verse:

* The spirit is definitely God: God's love; His mercy, love, grace, graciousness, creativity, compassion, omnipotence and so many more things than I could ever write. 
* It is definitely the spirit of Christ, Who gave all that I may be in relationship with God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and all of creation. 
* The spirit is family: My parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters and extended family of other relatives as well as church. It seems as if more each day, I see how their lives -- breathing (spirit) on Earth and beyond -- help me look for and find the good in my life and the lives of others.
* The spirit is friendship. I've been blessed with some great ones.

* The spirit is fellowship. As hard as it is sometimes for me to write, it's usually easier for me to write than to relate directly with people. Awkward is me! And still I am loved and accepted. I need not be afraid to spend time relating with people.
* The spirit is love.
* The spirit is compassion.
* The spirit is music.
* The spirit is gratitude.


Today, I'll add that the spirit is hope, which springs eternal because of God's mercies, which spring afresh each day.

Rich blessings of family, friendship and spirit
Sweet music of life:
To hear it!
To share it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment