Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Photographic memories

Some people have photographic memories.

It seems I need photographs to have memories.

For today, I can accept that.

My latest experience with this came over the weekend when I went to Arkansas to visit my goddaughter Angela and her sister Laura and Laura's 8-month-old son Ryan.

As I posted on Facebook:

My weekend included a long-desired road trip to Arkansas to pick up my dear goddaughter Angela in Greenwood then head on to Conway to see her precious nephew Ryan and his sweet mama and daddy Laura and Jared. Photography wasn’t a priority and didn’t always work out well when I tried. I still managed to get a few pictures to help my feeble brain remember the moments!

Interestingly, my brother (Ryan's grandpa) commented that he wondered whether he would be seeing pictures, although he also noted that pictures are not his priority when he spends time with his daughters and grandson in Arkansas. (He now lives in Texas.)

Later, my aunt expressed appreciation that reminded me of a second big reason I like to take pictures involving memorable experiences.

Thanks so much for the pictures. All those beautiful smiles and precious little boy. For those of us who can’t get out and about much anymore, they are all keepers!

I almost forgot that great reason for taking and sharing pictures!! I agree and am grateful I was able to share.











No comments:

Post a Comment