Sunday, September 15, 2019

Green pastures and still waters

The Shepherd was leading. Sometimes I followed; sometimes I did not.

And in all things, I must trust the Shepherd. Even when I get sidetracked by distractions or my own desires and don't follow the Shepherd's leading, the Shepherd is the only one who can come to my rescue and bring me to my place of safety, rest, provision and purpose.

When I follow His leading, as I did last Wednesday in visiting John and then Harriet, the church dinner, Wesley study and choir, life is good. It's easy to praise.

And yet, it's out of my comfort zone.

So something happens on Thursday, and I start trying to figure out on my own where I need to be. My desires interfere with my hearing of the Shepherd's guidance. By Friday, I'm missing opportunities.

Saturday is wonderful -- until it's heartbreaking.

And Sunday, it's a mix of high and low, blessed and burned out, exhaustion.

I didn't allow the Shepherd to lie in green pastures and lead me beside still waters.

Who would have ever thought the Psalm 23:2 would be this challenging.

Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief!

No comments:

Post a Comment