Wednesday, January 1, 2020

A vision for 2020

Pray. Trust God. Let go of fear and worry. I don’t have to be perfect or consistent.

Pray — seek God. Spend time with God. Put God first.

And all these things will fall into place. 

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." (Matthew 6:33, New King James Version)

Be grateful for who He is and what He is doing, even when it doesn’t make sense to me or seem to be in my best interest.

I won’t let all those great photos on Facebook of the Jan. 1 sunset I missed change my mind. I can be grateful for the pictures and not regret only going outside midafternoon to get the newspaper. It is OK.

As I trust God, I can let go of my fear of missing out, aka FOMO. It won’t be easy. It will be freeing. I can only do it by trusting God.

For my record: I did eat black-eyed peas, pork, cornbread and salad greens, which some sources say are good New Year’s Day choices to bring on good things including health and prosperity in the coming months, in addition to being foods we enjoy. I spent quality time with my husband as well as working on a chore he (and I) would like me to complete. I started two big Bible reading commitments I hope to maintain. 

Is it enough?

I will trust God and give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment