Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Seek ye first

I didn't make a resolution to not be late in 2020.

I was aware as 2019 wound down that I hoped I would do better in being on time in the coming year. I was also aware I had unsuccessfully resolved to do better many times.

This year, my goal is to stay focused on God -- to pray, to listen, to read the Bible, to trust God to lead me to do the next right thing, and to trust God with the results.

Seek Ye first .... Seek God first -- and He will take are of the rest. 

Some days have gone better than others.

Saturday, I was grateful to be on time to a 10:30 meeting less than 10 minutes from my house for which I seem to always run late. Thank you, God.

I wanted to share that news on my blog and Facebook immediately. However, I decided to see how the next few days would go. I'm aware there are things for which I regularly am late on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday, as well as Saturday. ...

Sunday, I made it before the choir started preparing for worship, although I didn't achieve my goal of 10:30 a.m.

Monday, I was less than 5 minutes late for prayer, rather than my usual 10 to 15 minutes late.

Today, I was 20 minutes late for a weekly meeting in Oklahoma City. We didn't have our weekly choir rehearsal tonight, so it will be next Wednesday before I find out whether I'm making any progress on timeliness there.

Dare I say: It is what it is.

It's been a good week. I'm continuing to seek God first and then to turn to Him again and again as I get distracted. I've intentionally prayed to trust that He is leading me where I need to be. That has given me peace and I've also ended up being present to help encourage others in ways I doubt I would or could have without focusing on God. I am grateful.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." (Matthew 6:33, New King James Version)



No comments:

Post a Comment