Friday, July 31, 2020

Decisions, decisions!

Decisions!

They are typically what derail my good intentions for a day.

And the decisions typically start early, often before the alarm even sounds.

I tend to awaken before I consider it time to get up, and then I have to decide what to do. This decision is typically easy: If the alarm hasn't gone off, I'm not getting up!

In recent months, I've used this time, sometimes two hours before the alarm, to read Scripture and Bible lessons. Then I can usually go back to sleep.

That's actually one of my easier decisions of a day. They seem to get harder after that.

And the slowness with which I decide inevitably brings me to the end of the day, wondering where the time went.

That's also becoming the pattern for a week or a month. I lose time and miss opportunities while trying to decide -- then the end or the deadline arrives, and the result of my indecision is that I've accomplished little that I thought I desired to do.

For some reason, I thought deciding to write a blog post would be a good choice. I thought it might inspire some creativity and fuel some motivation. I decided to give it a try.

Apparently not.

Will I ever get out of this slump?

I choose to believe I will. I believe that's a good decision.

Hope springs eternal. Great is God's faithfulness.




No comments:

Post a Comment