Friday, July 31, 2020

One good thing

So, I wanted to make three blog posts tonight, and if I publish this, I will fulfill that desire.

Why don't I feel fulfilled?

If you're reading this and read the previous posts, the answer should be obvious. The posts are pretty pointless. I can't really even classify them as placeholders, because I never go back to fill in the gaps.

And yet, suddenly, I do feel a bit of satisfaction.

I think it's as simple as this being something I did for me. I don't have time to come up with something better. I just wanted to post words. And I did it.

And now I'll go to bed.

And I'll wake up knowing I checked this off a list.

And hope will continue to spring. God knows my heart, even if I'm not sharing it in words and actions as I would prefer to do. This is another vague step toward that goal. And that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment