Thursday, November 19, 2020

Another one of those days ....

Heavenly Father, are you telling me that the way I am, which I keep thinking is lame, is exactly the way I am supposed to be? After 2 hours reading Scripture, Bible study & praying, the next right thing again seems to be stepping on the treadmill while reading 12-step lit and spending a little time on social media. Then breakfast, call Warcup, work on kitties. Checking in with You moment by moment, trusting You to keep me where You would have me be. Now what Gene is doing comes to my mind. Would You have that be a distraction or an appointment? It seems to be an appointment. I trust You, Lord, to let me know. Same w/laundry & cookbook. I just giggled, at how gentle & loving You are. You know me & love me. You know what I need. Thank You! 

I wrote that as I prayed this morning. Reading it again tonight helps me let go and let God after a day that included emotional outbursts likely triggered by COVID-19 uncertainties as well as some remaining sadness and grief over a friend's death earlier this year and the reality that it's still not practical for me to adopt kitties. So much seems overwhelming and impossible, largely because of how inept I seem to be even on my best days.

So, to repeat: Reading the morning prayer again tonight helps me let go and trust God. You know me & love me. You know what I need. Thank You!

I am grateful. Thank You, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment