Saturday, March 13, 2021

Not obvious choices

My photos for day 24 (#delivered) and day 25 (#wonderful) of the Lent photo challenge require some explanation, lest I forget what I was thinking. Since I don’t want to explain on Instagram or Facebook, I’ll do it here! 

For #delivered, it’s an unplanned picture of me kissing my husband on my birthday. I doubt people who see the picture know what it’s saying to me. It makes me think of the phrase in The Lord’s Prayer: “lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” God used Gene to deliver me. It was just a sweet and silly moment when I delivered this kiss as we were trying to take a good selfie. When I saw the photo, I knew it would be my #delivered photo. 

I also went against my grain of obvious on #wonderful. The picture is from our walk today. I was saddened to realize the rust-colored needles on the pine trees mean they are dying, likely either from the unprecedented cold temperatures last month or perhaps from being weakened and vulnerable to infestation because of the freeze. It’s not wonderful in the usual positive sense but rather making me full of wonder that this could happen. It actually makes me very sad. At the same time, I trust that God is always working for good, in His amazingly wonderful way.

But the best part of wonderful today is the guy I was walking with! God’s great gift to me. 

With God working for good, all things are possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment